Trademark registration in Tunisia, trademark search in Tunisia, trademark protection in Tunisia
A trademark in this country may be registered through the national trademark registration system, with the State Trademark Office.
Trademark Registration in Tunisia: Requirements and Procedure
Trademark registration requirements in Tunisia:- Power of attorney simply signed.
- Design of the trademark in JPEG format in case of a graphical trademark (not required for word mark).
- The details of goods and/or services for witch the trademark will be registered or the classes in case they are known.
- Details of the trademark owner (name, address, registration number).
- Invoicing details (name, address, fiscal number, registration number).
- Certified copy of priority document in case priority is to be claimed.
Trademark registration procedure in Tunisia:The trademark registration procedure lasts 14 months. The trademark will be published in the Official Gazette after the registration. The opposition can be files within 2 months. The protection lasts 10 years from the filing date. The protection period of 15 years is still applied but only for the trademarks applications that were filed before April 2001, while those filed thereafter are valid for ten years..
Other trademark procedures in Tunisia:Trademark change in Tunisia: For changing the name or address we need the power of attorney simply signed, the certificate proving the change of name or an extract from the Commercial Register translated into French or Arabic.
Trademark renewal in Tunisia: The trademark renewal is of 10 years and can be filed in the 6 months of validity, with a grace period of 2 months after payment of penalty for late renewal. For the trademark renewal we need the simply signed power of attorney.
Trademark assignments in Tunisia: For the trademark assignment we need the power of attorney simply signed by the assignee, the deed of trademark assignment legalized.
You may download our Power of Attorney here. However, it would be advisable to send us the details related to your name and address so that we will fill the form for you, for your convenience.
1. Market watch for national, international and community trademarks that are registered in this country.
2. Translation services.
3. Valuation services and notoriety studies.
Trademark Legislation of Tunisia
You may request our services by sending to us a mail to email@example.com.