Trademark registration in Nigeria, trademark search in Nigeria, trademark protection in Nigeria
A trademark in this country may be registered through the national trademark registration system, with the State Trademark Office.
Trademark Registration in Nigeria: Requirements and Procedure- Power of attorney simply signed.
Trademark registration requirements in Nigeria:
- Design of the trademark in JPEG format in case of a graphical trademark (not required for word mark).
- The detaliation of goods and/or services for witch the trademark will be registered or the classes in case they are known.
- Details of the trademark owner (name, address, registration number).
- Invoicing details (name, address, fiscal number, registration number).
- Information related to the previously filed trademarks, in order to benefit of the priority date, if it is the case. In case that priority is claimed, the certified copy of the priority document will be filed simultaneously with the application.
Trademark registration procedure in Nigeria:After application, the trademark is published in the Official Journal. The opposition period is within 2 month following publication. The registration procedure lasts 24 months. The protection lasts 7 years from the filing date.
Trademark registration procedure in Nigeria:
Trademark renewal in Nigeria: The trademark renewal may be done within 3 months before expiry. After trademark renewal the protection lasts 14 years.
Trademark use in Nigeria: Non-use for 5 years following registration makes the registration vulnerable to cancellation; (the trademark may also be removed if the mark was registered without any bona fide intention to use or if there has been no bona fide use up to 1 month before the date of the removal application by any third party).
You may download our Power of Attorney here. However, it would be advisable to send us the details related to your name and address so that we will fill the form for you, for your convenience.
2. Translation services.
3. Valuation services and notoriety studies.
Trademark Legislation of Nigeria
You may request our services by sending to us a mail to email@example.com.