Trademark registration in Liberia, trademark search in Liberia: national trademark registration, international trademark registration
A trademark in this country may be registered through one of the 2 available systems of trademark registration:
1. National trademarks may be registered through the State Trademark Office.
2. International trademarks may be registered through W.I.P.O. system.
Trademark Registration in Liberia: Requirements and Procedure
Trademark registration requirements in Liberia:- Power of attorney legalized up to the Liberian Consulate. In the absence of a Liberian Consulate the documents may be Apostilled to the Hague Convention.
- An Oath (declaration of ownership) legalized as above.
- Design of the trademark in JPEG format in case of a graphical trademark (not required for word mark).
- The detaliation of goods and/or services for witch the trademark will be registered or the classes in case they are known.
- Details of the trademark owner (name, address, registration number).
- Invoicing details (name, address, fiscal number, registration number).
- In case that priority is claimed, the certified copy of the priority document will be filed simultaneously with the application.
Trademark registration procedure in Liberia:The trademark is published before registration, in the local newspaper. There is no opposition period. The registration procedure lasts 12 months. The protection lasts 15 years from the filing date.
Other trademark procedures in Liberia
Trademark renewal in Liberia: The trademark renewal may be done within 1 month before expiry. For the trademark renewal we need the power of attorney legalized up to the Liberian Consulate. In the absence of a Liberian Consulate the documents may be Apostilled to the Hague Convention. It is also needed a copy of the Certificate of Registration and/or last renewal certificate. After trademark renewal the protection lasts 15 years.
Trademark changes in Liberia: For changing the name or the address we need the power of attorney duly legalized up to the Liberian Consulate and the certificate of change of name/address.
Trademark assignment and trademark license in Liberia: For the trademark assignment we need the power of attorney notarized and legalized up to the Liberian Consulate and an trademark assignment deed. For licenses we need powers of attorney from licensor and licensee legalized as above and a license agreement signed by both parties.
Trademark use in Liberia: Non-use for 2 years following registration makes the registration vulnerable to cancellation.
You may download our Power of Attorney here. However, it would be advisable to send us the details related to your name and address so that we will fill the form for you, for your convenience.
OTHER SERVICES:1. Market watch for national, international and community trademarks that are registered in this country.
2. Translation services.
3. Valuation services and notoriety studies.
Trademark legislation of Liberia
You may request our services by sending to us a mail from to firstname.lastname@example.org.