Trademark registration in Angola, trademark search in Angola, trademark protection in Angola
A trademark in this country may be registered through the national trademark registration system, with the State Trademark Office.
Trademark Registration in Angola: Requirements and Procedure
Trademark registration requirements in Angola:
- Power of attorney legalized up to the Angolan Consulate or Apostilled according to the Hague Convention, in case there is no Angolan Consulate in the country of origin, and then notarized power will be accepted.
- Certificate of incorporation or an extract from the Commercial Register with a verified Portuguese translation duly legalized or apostilled, in case there is no Angolan Consulate in the country of origin, the Notarized document will be accepted.
- Design of the trademark in JPEG format in case of a graphical trademark (not required for word mark).
- The detaliation of goods and/or services for witch the trademark will be registered or the classes in case they are known.
- Details of the trademark owner (name, address, registration number).
- Invoicing details (name, address, fiscal number, registration number).
Trademark registration procedure in Angola:
The opposition period is 2 months from publication in the Official Gazette. The protection lasts 10 years from the filing date.
Other trademark procedures in Angola
Trademark renewal in Angola: For the renewal we need the signed and legalized power of attorney by the Angolan Consulate or Apostilled; in case there is no Angolan Consulate in the country of origin, the Notarized power will be accepted.
Trademark changes in Angola: For changing the name or the address is needed the power of attorney duly legalized up to the Angolan Consulate. In case there is no Angolan Consulate in the country of origin then notarized power of attorney will be accepted; an extract from the commercial register evidencing the change of name duly legalized up to the Angolan Consulate or Apostilled, in case there is no Angolan Consulate in country of origin then Notarized document will be accepted; details related to the changes of the trademark if the changes reefer to the trademark. .
Trademark assignments in Angola: Power of attorney and deed of assignment, legalized up to the Angolan Consulate or Apostilled according to the Hague Convention, in case there is no Angolan Consulate in the country of origin, then notarized power will be accepted. There are no fiscal implications, no stamp duty. Trademark assignment may be done with or without Goodwill.
Trademark use in Angola: The non-use for 5 years following registration makes the registration vulnerable to cancellation. It is possible to file an intent-to-use application in Angola.
You may download our Power of Attorney here.However, it would be advisable to send us the details related to your name and address so that we will fill the form for you, for your convenience.
OTHER SERVICES:1. Market watch for national, international and community trademarks that are registered in this country.
2. Translation services.
3. Valuation services and notoriety studies.
Trademark legislation of Angola
You may request our services by sending to us a mail to email@example.com.