Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Nice Classification, 9th edition
To receive the support of our patent attorneys, related to trademark classification service in your particular, please write to us.
Trademark search (Preliminary Search):
- Wjat is the Priority Right?
- Why should I conduct a trademark search?
- Which are the similarity criteria?
- What information is needed to conduct a preliminary search?
- For the national trademark registration: you may simply send an email, with your explanation of the request.
- For the international trademark registration, please open our W.I.P.O. registration page.
- For the community trademark registration, please open our E.U. registration page.
- Why do I have to register a trademark ?
- How do I know in which classes to register a trademark?
- What should I do in order to register a trademark?
- What is the Priority Right?
- Why do I need a trademark registration certificate?
- What should I do to obtain a trademark registration certificate?
- Why do I have to renew a trademark ?
- When do I have to file a renewal request ?
- Should I renew my trademark or should I file a new trademark registration request ?
ARIPO is a trademark registration treaty that provides trademark protection in the following countries: Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Namibia, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda and Zimbabwe.
OAPI is a trademark registration treaty that provides trademark protection in the following countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo Republic, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Senegal, and Togo.
Mercosur Coomon Market
Monthly check of the newly filed trademarks, identical or similar to the previously filed trademarks.
Trademark valuation reefers to an estimation of the brand, done through more evaluation methods, that take into consideration of the added value that a trademark brings to a products and helps in selling such products at a higher price.
Notoriety study refers to market study, done by specialized companies, that show that the potential clients of a product or service recognize a special trademark. Notorious trademarks usually are protected in all the classes without the registration. Because of this, notoriety study is a very important argument and tool in court cases, in which important brands that are not registered or the registration expired, are protected agains similar or identical trademarks not by registration but by market notoriety study. INTELLEKTUS is conducting such notoriety studies, upon request and offers the notoriety certification cervise, with a legal value of extra-court or court expertise.